Wayne-Westland Community School District Technology Loan Agreement
Student's First Name
Student's Last Name
Items being lent
Chromebook with charger ($250)
Hot Spot with Charger ($80)
Technology Loan Agreement
The above items are being lent to the Student/Borrower and are in good working order. It is Student/Borrower’s responsibility to care for the equipment and insure that it is retained in a safe environment.
This equipment is, and at all time remains, the property of Wayne-Westland Community Schools (WWCSD), and is herewith lent to the Student/Borrower for educational purposes only for the academic school year. Student/Borrower may not deface or destroy this property in any way. Inappropriate use of the machine may result in the Student/Borrower losing his/her privilege to use this computer. The equipment will be returned to the school when requested by WWCSD, or sooner, if the Student/Borrower withdraws from WWCSD prior to the end of the school year. If the materials are not returned as indicated above, the property will be reported as stolen and the proper authorities will be contacted.
Student/Borrower only for non-commercial purposes, in accordance with the District’s policies and rules, the WWCSD’s Parent-Student Handbook, as well as, local, state, and federal statutes may use the District Property.
Student/Borrower may not install or use any software other than software owned or approved by the District and made available to Student/Borrower in accordance with this Receipt and Agreement.
The devices are for the exclusive use of the Student/Borrower to which it has been assigned. The Student/Borrower agrees to make no attempts to change or allow others to change the privileges and capabilities of this user account.
The Student/Borrower agrees to make no attempts to add, delete, access, or modify other user accounts on the devices.
Identification and inventory labels/tags have been placed on the laptop. These labels/tags are not to be removed or modified. Contact the online mentor or counselor if the labels/tags become damaged or missing. Additional stickers, labels, tags, or markings are not to be added to the laptop.
An email account may be available for each Student/Borrower to use for appropriate communication. These email accounts are the property of WWCSD.
It is the Student’s/Borrower’s responsibility to regularly back up his/her files.
The District is not responsible for any computer or electronic viruses that may be transferred to or from Student/Borrower’s flash drives or other data storage medium and Student/Borrower agrees to use his/her best efforts to assure that the District Property is not damaged or rendered inoperable by any such electronic virus while in Student/Borrower’s possession.
The devices are equipped with monitoring and filtering devices. Any attempt to work around these or disable these mechanisms is prohibited.
Student/Borrower acknowledges and agrees that his/her use of the District Property is a privilege and that by Student/Borrower’s agreement to the terms hereof, Student/Borrower acknowledges his/her responsibility to protect and safeguard the District Property and to return the same in good condition and repair upon request by WWCSD. Failure to follow all guidelines may result in forfeiture of the deposit and/or fees to replace any items that are damaged or not returned.
Your son/daughter has been issued technological devices to improve and personalize his/her education this year. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this computer.
• I will supervise my son’s/daughter’s use of the devices at home.
• I will discuss our family’s values and expectations regarding the use of the Internet and email at home and will supervise my son’s/ daughter’s use of the Internet and email.
• I will not attempt to repair the devices, nor will I attempt to clean it with anything other than a soft, dry cloth.
• I will report to the school any problems with the device.
• I will not load or delete software from the device(s).
• I will make sure that my son/daughter recharges the device(s) battery nightly.
• I agree to make sure that the device(s) is(are) returned to the school when requested and upon my son’s/daughter’s withdrawal and/or completion of WWCSD.
Your device is an important learning tool and is for educational purposes only.
When using the device(s) at home, at school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies of the WWCSD, and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
• I will treat the device(s) with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it outdoors, leaving it in a car in extreme weather conditions, or using it with food or drink nearby.
• I will not lend the device(s) to anyone, not even my friends or siblings; it will stay in my possession at all times.
• I will not load any software on the device(s)..
• I will not remove programs or files from the device(s).
• I will honor my family’s values when using the device(s).
• I will not give personal information when using the device(s).
• I agree that email (or any other computer communication) should be used only for appropriate, legitimate, and responsible communication.
• I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure, and will not share these with any other students.
• I will not attempt to clean or repair the device(s).
• I will recharge the device(s) battery each night.
• I will return the device(s) when requested and/or upon my withdrawal from WWCSD.
• I will place my device(s) in a secure location when not in use (locked up when possible).
The undersigned acknowledge the failure to timely return the device(s) when scheduled or when requested shall result in liability by both parent and child for the value of the device(s). The parties acknowledge the value of the device(s) shall be same as price listed in equipment selection about. Parents are signing this agreement as guarantors for their child(ren).
Parent Printed Name
Parent Date of Birth and Initials (digital signature)
Student Date of Birth and Initials (digital signature)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Wayne Westland Community Schools.