Montgomery County Food Council: Policy Committee Issue Consideration Request
The Montgomery County Food Council is an independent council formed and led by individual community members and representatives of local businesses, government, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions that broadly represent the food system both substantively and geographically.
We are an active participant in urban and rural policy and process change, leading the way to a more healthful and sustainable community by bringing together producers, retailers, consumers, and educators in a coordinated effort to address the broad range of issues surrounding food and food sourcing in our county.
MCFC may take action and positions on legislative or other public policy issues
○ Impact the Montgomery County community and its residents;
○ Align with the MCFC mission to create a robust, sustainable, equitable local
food system; and/or
○ Are of community-wide importance.
Public policy positions shall be consistent with: the mission of MCFC, the policies
and initiatives approved by the Board of Directors, and prior positions taken by
An issue must be brought before the Policy Committee at least two weeks
prior to the deadline for action. Issues presented with less than two weeks notice may still be considered at
the discretion of the Policy Committee.
Please use the questions in the form below to submit a request for issue consideration to our Policy Committee. Please contact
with any questions. Please review our Policy Guidelines, found at
, prior to submitting a request.
2. Email Address
3. Issue Area
Food Recovery and Access
4. Please describe the background of the issue or legislation on which you would like our Policy Committee to consider taking a position. For legislation, please include the name of the bill.
5. Please describe how this issue affects the Montgomery County food system and community.
6. Please include any information regarding supporting parties of this issue or piece of legislation (i.e., organizations, County Councilmembers, etc.).
6. Please include any information regarding opposing parties of this issue or piece of legislation (i.e., organizations, County Councilmembers, etc.).
7. Please describe the type of action you are seeking from the Montgomery County Food Council on this issue (letter of support/opposition, testimony, sign-on, etc.)
8. Please include links to any relevant information (the bill, background information, relevant articles, etc.)
9. Please describe your relationship to the Montgomery County Food Council (Working Group member, Community Member, etc), if any.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Montgomery County Food Council.