2018 STEM Day at the State Fair Stage Performer Application
Hosted by SciMathMN.
STEM Day (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at the State Fair was launched in 2010 to great success. Held the first day of the Minnesota State Fair in Dan Patch (formerly Carousel) Park, STEM Day has attracted more exhibitors, performers, and State Fair visitors each year. We strive to have a mix of stage performances that are fresh, informative, and entertaining events throughout the day.
STEM Day 2018 is now being planned for the Opening Day of the State Fair, Thursday, August 23, 2018.
This application helps the STEM Day Committee determine this summer’s roster of performers. Please read the instructions carefully and provide as much specific and detailed information to assist our committee in its final selections. Full and complete applications will receive priority during the selection process.
STEM Day focuses on reaching K-12 youth, their families, and teachers.
1. to communicate that STEM is fun and rewarding; STEM has a huge impact and benefit on our society; wonderful STEM career opportunities exist, both now and in the foreseeable future;
2. to connect attendees to STEM resources throughout the state year-round.
First Priority will be given to organizations which meet the following criteria (listed in order of importance):
1. Organization’s mission and purpose pertain to and are based in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
2. Organizations that provide an engaging STEM-based performance focused on children and youth.
3. Organizations from outside the Twin Cities metro area.
4. Organizations new to the STEM Day event.
5. Demonstrated goals to target audience.
6. Appropriateness of planned performance.
7. Performances that allow for audience involvement and interaction.
8. Organization’s ability to underwrite their activity.
Other factors that influence the committee’s decision:
1. Non-profits must be registered in the state of Minnesota.
2. For-profit companies and organizations are restricted from conducting commercial operations by State Fair policy.
3. Sponsorship of STEM Day.
4. Organizations have a mechanism for community engagement in STEM or a record of volunteer service to the community in STEM activities.
5. Date of submission of the application
Please complete the form by Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Please direct any questions to
Selected performances will need to adhere to all MN State Fair regulations including set-up and tear-down, materials used, stage and audio requirements. Please note that merchandise sales are NOT permitted. Performers selected will be notified in early June.
If you would like to be considered as an exhibitor as well and have not yet submitted an separate application for that please follow this link:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service