The applicant must be nominated by a Texas Chapter of The Wildlife Society member, teacher, county extension agent, youth leader, natural resource professional, or local Farm Bureau. They MUST send a confidential letter (1 page or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the student will be considered for acceptance (deadline May 1st). The letter should indicate whether or not the student has:
1. A strong interest in natural sciences and in outdoor activities, and be highly motivated.
2. Average (or above) grades in natural sciences and mathematics.
3. A flexible and tolerant attitude about occasional adverse conditions, such as rain, heat, humidity, or insects.
4. An ability to communicate with diverse groups of people, including faculty, other participants, and guest instructors.
5. A desire or plan to attend college.