COGIC AIM Connected Churches Survey
Closing the Digital Divide with Values Partnerships, Google, and the Church of God in Christ
1. On a scale of 1 – 10, 10 meaning “very important” and 1 meaning “not important at all,” how important would you say computers and the Internet are to success and fulfillment in your life, work, and play?
Not important at all
2. On a scale of 1 – 10, 10 meaning “very confident” and 1 meaning “not confident at all” how confident would you say you are with using computers and the Internet?
3. Which phrases best describe the way you view computers, the internet and technology? Check all that apply.
Technology is a blessing and is helpful in many parts of my life.
I use technology to accomplish things but don’t feel strongly about it one way or the other.
Technology sometimes confuses me - I wish I understood it more.
I know technology is necessary, but I don’t particularly like it.
I dislike technology, and I wish society used technology less.
4. How many hours per day/week do you spend online?
More than 3 hours per day
1 to 3 hours per day
0 to 1 hour per day
A few hours per week
Rarely / never
5. I used the Internet for the following... (check all that apply)
Communicating with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram or Snapchat
Searching for information
Reading national / local news
Reading entertainment news
Completing school work
Completing tasks for my business
None of the above
6. I use the following devices ... (check all that apply)
A desktop computer
A laptop / notebook computer
A smartphone I use to connect to the Internet
None of the above
7. Do you have an Internet connection at home?
Yes, my own wired high-speed connection
Yes, my own wireless high-speed connection
Yes, a shared wireless connection
Yes, a dial-up modem connection
I do not have an Internet connection at home
8. On a scale of 1 – 10, 10 meaning “I very much agree,” 1 meaning “I do not agree at all,” how much do you agree with the following question: “If I were more connected online, and knew more about computers and the Internet, that would make my life easier.”
I do not agree at all
I very much agree
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Values Partnerships.
Terms of Service