Augsburg Senior Class Leadership Recognition Awards Application
To apply for the Augsburg Senior Leadership Society and/or the Linda Schrempp Alberg Endowed Leadership Award, this application must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 14. Students who apply for these will also be considered for the Marina Christensen Justice Award, given at Commencement on Saturday, May 11.
AUGSBURG SENIOR LEADERSHIP SOCIETY
The Augsburg Senior Leadership Society recognizes graduating seniors for their leadership contributions over the course of their tenure at Augsburg University.
* Be graduating seniors in either April or December 2019;
* Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
* Be in good academic and conduct status with the University;
* Have demonstrated leadership contributions through engagement in student organizations, campus activities, or university-sponsored or university-affiliated programs.
LINDA SCHREMPP ALBERG ENDOWED LEADERSHIP AWARD
This award is given annually to one Augsburg senior (by credit) undergraduate student who reflects the qualities of leadership and commitment to enhancing university life which distinguished the professional life of Linda Schrempp Alberg. The amount of the award is ~$500.00.
* Demonstrate characteristics/values important to Linda Schrempp Alberg: leadership potential, nurturing of others, effective communication skills, creativity, proactive style and fairness.
* Demonstrate outstanding leadership involvement in student government, campus activities and/or student life.
* Exhibit the highest commitment to building strengths within student community and participating with other students, faculty, and staff to enhance the quality of the Augsburg experience.
MARINA CHRISTENSEN JUSTICE AWARD
Students who submit this application will also be considered for the Marina Christensen Justice Award. Every year at Commencement, one graduating senior receives this award for demonstrated dedication to community and working in solidarity with marginalized people. This award recognizes work that is in keeping with the personal and professional life of Marina Christensen Justice, who courageously and effectively reached out to disadvantaged people and communities.
Nominations are submitted in the spring with nominations for other Augsburg Leadership Awards, and are judged on the following criteria:
* The depth and breadth of community involvement.
* A strong commitment to addressing the systemic roots of the issues.
* A personal and professional commitment to work with marginalized communities.
* Bold and courageous leadership.
* Authentic and sustained engagement with community and issues.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Augsburg University.