Please read this waiver, then complete all information.
Participation Agreement and Waiver
PARTICIPATION, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration of Derby City Dragons Dragon Boat Racing Team, their board members, agents, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and all persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (herein after collectively referred to as DCD); and their board members, agents, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and all persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf; and participants, teams, organizers of any Dragon Boat event/festival and /or public event in which may participate on behalf of the above named, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge DCD, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in Dragon Boat racing entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical, mental or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to me, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
These risks may include, but are not limited to, among other things: boat capsize; tidal conditions and currents; collision with objects or other watercraft; prolonged exposure to cold water; hypothermia; accidental drowning; exposure to sun, heat, strong wind, cold, storms, waves, lightning; illness in remote areas; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; wrist, arm, shoulder and/or back injuries; slips, trips and falls; and rapidly changing adverse weather and weather conditions.
Furthermore, I acknowledge that the Team Board Members, Captains, Coaches and other team members, and Team and Event organizers and volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. While seeking to safely conduct meets, races, practices and exercise programs, they are not infallible and cannot anticipate all circumstances which may adversely affect such meets, races, practices and exercise programs; and that such circumstances may adversely affect me. Such circumstances may include but are not limited to: lack of awareness of participant(s) fitness or abilities; misjudging of weather or other environmental conditions; issuance of incomplete warnings, directions, instructions; malfunction of equipment used; actions instigated by other participants.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in Dragon Boat practice, Dragon Boat racing and associated activities in spite of and with knowledge of said risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless DCD, all board members, coaches, captains, other team members, and volunteers associated with DCD and Dragon Boat racing, practice and events, public event preparation and from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of the equipment or facilities associated with the activity, including such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of DCD.
4. Should any DCD board member, registered team member, associate, or volunteer or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition, current or future I may have.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By typing my name I accept the above participation agreement and waiver.
City, State and Zip Code
Emergency Contact Phone Number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service