Year 8 Retrieval Practice 1
To help prepare for your first Year 8 history quiz.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
What is your first name and surname?
1. What is the name given to the period c.1485-1750?
The Middle Ages
The Roman Period
The Georgian Period
The Early Modern Period
The Industrial Revolution
The Agricultural Revolution
The Jurassic Period
2. What religion dominated Europe until c.1500?
3. Who was seen as God's representative on earth in c.1500, making him Head of the Church in England until Henry VIII broke with him in c.1534?
4. What was the name of the German monk who protested against corruption and greed in the Church in c.1517?
5. This very famous monk wrote up his protest against the Church by writing down how many 'theses'? (This was a list of questions he wanted the Church to answer to account for their greed and corruption).
6. The actions of this monk inspired a new religion, which challenged the established church. This religion originated in Germany and became known as...
7. What term is given to describe a system of government with a king or queen ruling at the top?
8. What term describes a person who does not agree with the ‘official’ belief?
9. What term is given to the broad movement to try to reform the Church, which spread across Europe in the sixteenth century, by removing what people thought was wrong with the church?
10. What is the name given to the group of people responsible for making the laws that govern the country? (In England, this is formed of the House of Commons and the House of Lords)
11. What is the name of the first Tudor king?
12. From what house did this king come from? (He then married Elizabeth, a noblewoman from the other family, to unite the two houses and form the House of Tudor)
House of York
House of Lancaster
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bristol Grammar School.