2018 Portland Urban Beekeepers Survey
Help us make the club work better for you!
1. Thinking about this past year, 2018, on a scale of 0 to 5, how well did PUB meet your expectations for what a bee club does?
Not at all
I learned a lot, met my expectations
2. What could PUB officers do to improve your experience?
3. What do you think are the 4 most important club benefits that PUB offers?
The fellowship with other local beekeepers
Scholarly presentations by academic entomologists about the biology of beekeeping
Presentations by fellow beekeepers on what they have learned over their years of beekeeping.
Equipment rental e.g. extractors
The library offerings
The ability to learn more by attending work parties at the PUB apiary at Zenger Farms
Presentations from businesses that sell beekeeping equipment
Club discounts offered by beekeeping businesses
Seminars e.g. Tom Seeley
The opportunity to be on a Swarm List
Oregon Master Beekeeper Scholarship that pays for the Apprentice Year
4. Did you attend either the Tom Seeley or Solomon Parker seminar?
5. Did you benefit and or learn something important from the seminar experience?
Not applicable, I did not attend.
6. If you attended one or both seminars, tell us about your experience.
I did not attend.
I didn't learn much as I thought I would.
I learned a little, but could have read it in a book.
It was great and well worth the time and money!
It was OK, but over-priced.
7. Do you have any ideas about who you would like us to approach for 2019 speakers?
8. Do you think that you have a voice in how the club operates?
9. On a scale of 0 to 5, how transparent do you think that the PUB officers are in matters such as finances, or how decisions are made, such as speakers and how meetings are conducted?
Not transparent at all
I think that I understand how the club is run and why certain decisions are made
10. How often would you like a financial or treasurer report? For example, where are your membership dollars allocated, what does PUB plan to purchase for the club?
11. Do you have any requests for club items or books to be purchased?
12. How comfortable are you with your understanding of the new Residential Beekeeping Guidelines?
Never heard of this
13. Please check all that apply--Would you be interested in talks on:
Allergic reactions to bee stings
How to prevent low back strain and injury
Integrated Pest Management strategies
More information on succesfully managing a top bar hive
Honey bee nutrition across the different seasons
How to successfully make splits/nucs
Backyard, small scale queen rearing
More in-depth discussion of varroa mites
How to successfully maintain a Warre hive
The (relatively) new Residential Beekeeping Guidelines, how they impact you and your bees
14. If you had a question or concern about PUB about anything, who would you contact?
The current president, Mandy Shaw.
The current vice president, Simone Miller.
The member-at-large, Emma Egstad.
I would feel comfortable approaching or emailing any PUB officer.
I would put my suggestion in the suggestion box that is on the table by the library at every meeting.
15. Would you like to reintroduce Tour-de-Hives in 2019?
16. Are you active on the PUB Facebook page?
17. Do you have any suggestions about how we could improve our Facebook page?
Thank you for taking the time to help make PUB a great club!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service