Parent/Student UIL Marching Band Acknowledgement Form
No student may be required to attend a marching band related practice for more than eight hours outside the academic school day per calendar week (Sunday through Saturday). This provision applies to students in all components of the marching band. Exception: For schools that begin instruction prior to the fourth Monday in August the limit of eight hours of rehearsal outside of the academic school day per calendar week shall begin on the Tuesday immediately following Labor Day. Schools under this exception shall be limited to eight hours of rehearsal outside of the academic day per school week (12:01 AM on the first day of school of the calendar week through the end of the school day on the last day of instruction of the school week) until the Tuesday immediately following Labor Day.
On performance days (football games, competitions and other public performances) bands
may hold up to one additional hour of warm-up and practice beyond the scheduled warm-up
time. Multiple performances on the same day do not allow for additional practice and/or
Examples of Activities Subject to the UIL Marching Band Eight Hour Rule.
• Marching Band Rehearsal (Both Full Band and Components)
• Any Marching Band Group Instructional Activity
• Debriefing and Viewing Marching Band Videos
• Passing Off Marching Band Music
• Marching Band Sectionals (Both Director and Student Led)
• Clinics for The Marching Band or Any of its Components
The Following Activities Are Not Included in the Eight Hour Time Allotment:
• Travel Time to and From Rehearsals and/or Performances
• Rehearsal Set-Up Time
• Pep Rallies, Parades and Other Public Performances
• Instruction and Practice For Music Activities Other Than Marching Band And Its
NOTE:More information about Marching Band practice limitations can be found at:
PARENT: “We have read and understand the Eight-Hour Rule for Marching Band as stated above and agree to abide by these regulations.” (Please type first and last name)
PARENT: Please provide today's date
STUDENT: “We have read and understand the Eight-Hour Rule for Marching Band as stated above and agree to abide by these regulations.” (Please type first and last name)
STUDENT: Please provide today's date
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Central ISD.