Application for Feline Adoption
We have a variety of cats, dogs, kittens and puppies waiting for new forever families. Before meeting any of our available pets, we ask that you review our Adoption Requirements and complete a brief Adoption Application. It's in everyone's best interest to find the right match, and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. As soon as your Adoption Application is reviewed and processed (generally within 3-5 days) Carolina P.A.W.S. will get in touch with you to arrange for you to meet the animal you have applied for. Filling out an Adoption Application does not obligate you to adopt nor guarantees an adoption.
1) An Adoption Application must be submitted prior to meeting the pet.
2) Vets and references will be contacted. If you vet office requires client approval before giving out information, we ask that you contact their office once you submit an Adoption Application.
3) No animal will ever be adopted to "outside only" homes, as we firmly believe pets have a right to the warmth and safety of the indoors.
4) Some dogs may require a fenced in yard or may not be suitable for an apartment, condo or townhome.
5) meet and greet will be arranged by a Carolina P.A.W.S. representative.
6) A contract must be signed at the time of the adoption. An adoption fee is required to help defray the cost of the pet's spay /neuter, vaccinations, microchip and any other medical costs.
7) All applicants need to be 21 years of age or older to apply.
8) An applicant must be fully employed and proof of employment may be requested.
9) If you reside in a rental property, we will contact the property owner to confirm that an animal is allowed.
Please note: We will occasionally allow adoptions of puppies and kittens that are not spayed/neutered; however, the adopter must bring the animal to one of our approved vet partners for spay/neuter . This date will be scheduled prior to adoption and will be stated on the adoption contract. We require the use of our veterinarians because our program relies on subsidized healthcare from our animal hospitals. We will follow up to ensure that all animals are brought in for scheduled spay/neuters.
*** We only accept Adoption Applications within a certain radius of where are volunteers are based in the greater Charlotte NC area. ***