Here's how it works:
• If you are limited or low income and need making supplies, you can apply for yarn (and other product) support. I use the community fund to pay myself and other makers for the products you select, and I send them to you free of charge. I cover the cost of all shipping. (For the time being, this program is open to US knitters only.)
• Applications are on the honor system. If you apply, I trust that you are low or limited income.
• You can request whichever products or yarn will most delight you and which you will happily use. The program is designed to put high quality, handmade making supplies in the hands of makers who will love using them. If you usually use more basic wools or acrylic-based yarns and have been longing to try a hand-dyed yarn, this program is especially for you.
• We celebrate the results of the community yarn support program together. I send out (confidential) monthly updates to everyone who has donated and who has received support to let you know how much was donated and what was sent. (I protect the privacy of everyone who applies to ensure there is no stigma around the program. I don't share names or locations, just numbers.)
• Once I have enough in the fund to support your request, I'll be in touch to ask for your shipping address.
Thank you for applying and for helping to make our community more connected and inclusive.
You may email any questions to me at email@example.com.