Menu Product Manager
We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just three years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
“If Tovala stopped existing…it would probably have as much an impact in my life as if Uber were to go away.” - Mike T., Tovala Customer
As Tovala rapidly scales, we’re looking for a Menu Product Manager who can act as a champion for our overall menu product by setting strategy, leading key menu projects, and owning overall menu performance. This is a new, highly cross-functional role within our Marketing Product team that will work closely with culinary, operations, tech, brand marketing and customer support. As our food has always been central to Tovala’s special sauce, you will play a very strategic role in Tovala’s overall growth both helping to drive acquisition and build upon our robust customer retention. We are looking for a passionate, strategic, collaborative individual who can flex between a big picture thinker and roll-up-your-sleeves doer. We also hope this person can grow with the organization as we scale by further building our Menu product as a new core function.
About the role:
- Partner with the Chief Culinary Officer to set Tovala’s overall menu strategy that will guide week to week menu development and all menu related communications
- Own the core menu “product” (menu page/UX, meal packaging, customer order process, reviews), leveraging data to identify and prioritize key optimization opportunities
- Build the menu innovation roadmap using customer insights, order data, macro food trends and competitive benchmarking data to identify opportunities that can both accelerate acquisition and further strengthen our robust retention
- Lead the menu innovation process, collaborating with cross-functional teams (culinary, operations, tech, brand marketing, customer support, and analytics) to successfully launch new menu projects from concept to commercialization
- Work with brand comms team to set the menu communications strategy (positioning, key messages & features) and be a key stakeholder in any menu-led campaigns
- Establish robust menu performance tracking and insights leveraging multiple sources of data (order data, surveys, customer support, reviews etc.) to provide the organization with a clear view of menu performance and trends to inform decisions
- Collaborate with our Food Operations team on ops related projects as well as building process and protocols to drive efficiency as we scale
- You are a team player and natural collaborator, able to manage multiple-stakeholders effectively and motivate the organization towards key project goals
- You are a savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messaging
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable with pivoting quickly and delivering against moving targets and goals
- You are a champion of the customer experience, obsessed with delighting customers and continuing to build the Tovala brand as a leader in the food industry
- You are a highly organized “doer” skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- You are excited by innovation and finding new ways to evolve the Tovala food program, able to see opportunities and pursue them with limited resources
- You are a structured, analytical thinker who’s able to leverage multiple sources of data to inform decisions. You love translating insights to action
- You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or related field is required
- MBA is a strong plus
- 5+ years of experience in brand management, new product development, management consulting or related field is required
- Experience is the food industry is highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional projects with people of all backgrounds, cultures, and levels of experience is required
- Powerpoint and excel skills required, experience using BI tools and/or project management tools is a strong plus
- Experience working in the food industry is highly preferred
- Experience managing people is a strong plus
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in
- Paid maternity/paternity/family leave
- Transportation/health savings accounts
- A fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily
- A free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala Meals
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Tovala.