2020 Open Roads Festival Speaker Application
Education is a big component of Open Roads Festival, and we're looking for experienced vanlifers and outdoor adventurers to lead workshops sharing knowledge and resources for converting and traveling in vans. Most workshops will run 50 minutes, and we can provide basic AV equipment.
During our 2019 event, we learned that attendees want actionable advice that they can apply to their own builds and their own lives on the road. Stories are a nice way to provide examples and share your experience, but we ask that you focus on providing attendees with as much value and helpful information as possible.
In exchange for leading a workshop, you will receive:
• 1 Free Weekend Pass with Vehicle or Tent Camping Included
• 1 50% off Weekend Pass for a guest traveling in your vehicle
• Promotion on the Open Roads Festival social channels and email newsletter
• A bio, links, and workshop description on the Open Roads Festival website
• Listing in the printed event brochure
Topics of interest include the following, although we are open to your creative ideas and topics that you think would be useful to the community:
• off-road driving skills
• trip planning & navigation
• van layout and design considerations
• DIY conversions
• buying vs building
• choosing the right van
• saving money while on the road
• vanlife as a family
• travel and camping tips
• outdoor adventure skills
• safety tips
• camp cooking
• working from the road
• vanlife in winter, and more
*All presenters will be required to attend a mandatory meeting on
THURSDAY JUNE 25TH at 5pm OR FRIDAY JUNE 26TH AT 7:30am.
If you're interested, please fill out this application, and we will be in touch if your workshop is selected. If you have any issues filling out any part of the application, please email us at
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 1, 2020. All applicants will be notified shortly after this date. If you've purchased a ticket already and your workshop is chosen, we will refund you the ticket cost.
- Kristen and the Open Roads Team
Workshop Title (Be specific. Your title will be published in the festival program.)
Workshop Description (Please use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This description will be published in the festival program.)
Share your bio that you want to appear on the website (Please write in 3rd person and include what makes you qualified to lead the workshop)
Share your social handles, website, and any other relevant links (one per line please)
Please list any equipment your presentation will require (ie: your van, projector, computer, etc)
REQUIRED: Please email us (
) 2 photos that we can use to promote your workshop on social media along with a short (1 min or less) video telling us about yourself, your van life experience, your workshop idea, and what makes you qualified to lead this workshop. This doesn't need to be fancy... just a short clip recorded on your phone will do! This is required for all workshop presenters, so please don't submit your application without doing this.
Video and Photos Sent
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your application you agree that you:
1. Are available and commit to be at Open Roads Fest taking place in McCall, Idaho June 25-28th, 2020.
2. Will attend a short, mandatory presenter meeting at the event.
3. If your workshop is selected, you understand that NO SHOWS will not be compensated, tickets will be voided, and you will not be invited back.
4. Agree to be professional as you conduct your workshop. This means keeping it kid-friendly (no swearing or inappropriate images). Name calling, hateful comments, racism, harassment, or bashing brands or others' van life choices that might be different than yours will not be tolerated.
5. If you are chosen, you will be compensated as indicated at the top of this application. No travel compensation will be provided.
6. Agree to receive email communications from Open Roads Festival.
Final decisions will be made in February. All applicants will be contacted at that time.
By submitting my application, I agree to the above terms and conditions
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bearfoot Theory.