USE OF MODAL AUXILIARIES
From the choices provided after each sentence select the verb that would correctly complete the sentence. Submit the quiz for grading with the SUBMIT APPLICATION button at the end of the exercise. Your score will be returned to you in a few seconds.
1. You seem to be having trouble there. _________ I help you?
2. I don't have enough money to buy lunch. __________ you lend me a couple of dollars?
3. That ice is dangerously thin now. You ________ go ice-skating today.
would mind not to
4. It's way past my bedtime and I'm really tired. I ________ go to bed.
5. He ______________ have committed this crime. He wasn't even in the city that night.
6. John is over two hours late already, He ___________ missed the bus again.
7. I'm really quite lost. _______________ showing me how to get out of here?
Would you mind
Would you be
Must you be
8. That bus is usually on time. It _________ to be here any time now.
9. I read about your plane's near disaster. You ____________ terrified!
might have been
must have been
shall have been
10. It's the law. They ____________ have a blood test before they get married.
11. Professor Villa, we've finished our work for today. _________ we leave now, please?
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service