Unit 1 quiz 2018
1. See figure 1 below. Graph E is what type of graph?
2. A group of students completed the finger contraction exercise using their non-dominant hand and then compared the results from a previous experiment using their dominant hand. The data is represented in the graph below. (graph 1). Prior to the start of the experiment, students hypothesized that using your dominant hand would allow you to perform more finger contractions over time. Select the best answer below.
Students accepted their hypothesis stating that the data proved them right
Students claimed that the data they collected was incorrect
Students rejected their hypothesis, stating that the data did not support it
Students accepted their hypothesis, but would like to repeat the experiment
Students accepted their hypothesis, stating that the data supported it
3. Use graph 1 above to answer the following question. What is the independent variable in this experiment?
all of the above
the choice of hands doing the tapping
average number of taps
none of the above
the clothespin that was used for tapping
4. Imagine that you have been asked to apply the expertise gained from doing the finger tapping lab to techniques used in the school weight room. The lifting coach has asked you to determine the length of the shortest rest period between lifts on the squat rack, assuming athletes will do four sets of 10 repetitions. Below are the results from 4 separate experiments (See Graph #2 below). What is the shortest rest period that you would recommend based on the data collected.
none of the above. Insufficient data is provided
5. In the experiments that were performed in collecting the data in graph #2 above, what variables would you have kept constant?
A. The weight the students were squatting
C. The distance that the squat was performed
Choice A and C only
B. The # of squats that were performed
A, B, and C
Choice A and B only
6. Use graph #2 above to answer the following question. What is the independent variable in this experiment?
# of squats
none of the above
rest time between sets
# of reps
7. Biologists group all living things into which domains?
8. Differences in skeletal muscle performance can be attributed to the genetically determined ratio of which two types of fibers? select all that apply
slow twitch fibers
fast twitch fibers
quick twitch fibers
intermediate twitch fibers
fatigue twitch fibers
9. The central dogma of life (flow of information) is:
10. Please arrange the following, from smallest to largest
Carbon, molecule, nucleus, cell, muscle
cell, molecule, nucleus, Carbon, muscle
cell, nucleus, carbon, molecule, muscle
muscle, cell, nucleus, molecule, carbon
11. The cells found in your skeletal muscles are
12. Bacteria DO NOT fit into this domain?
they fit in all of these
13. A bacterium and a plant are placed in different domains because
plants are made up of simple cells
plants are ALL unicellular
plants can do photosynthesis, while bacteria can't
a bacterium is a single-celled prokaryote
bacteria are photosynthetic
14. All organisms have which of the following in common?
All of these choices are correct
have DNA, reproduce asexually, and are made up of cells
have DNA, reproduce, and are multicellular
none of these choices are correct
have RNA, reproduce, and are made up of prokaryotic cells
have DNA, reproduce, and are made up of cells
15. Which of the following levels of biological organization includes all others in the list: cell, organism, molecule, tissue, population?
16. Charles Darwin published an influential book entitled On the Origin of Species. What were the two (2) main points of the book?
all living species are descendants of an ancestral species
humans evolved from primates
natural selection (survival of the fittest) as a mechanism (how) evolution works
all living things have DNA
asexual reproduction is favorable over sexual reproduction
17. An educated guess posed as a tentative explanation is called a
18. The information in _________ underlies all of the properties that distinguish life from nonlife.
19 What are the 2 types of cells? select from the choices below
20. Photosynthesis is when plants take the sun's energy and trap it into the chemical bonds of
21. Please select the order that ranks the terms from LARGEST to SMALLEST
biosphere, ecosystem, organism, cell, DNA, Gene
DNA, Gene, biosphere, organism, cell, ecosystem
biosphere, DNA, Gene, organism, cell, ecosystem
biosphere, ecosystem,cell, organism, , DNA, Gene
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service