CORE RPLTS Interest Group Presentation Proposal for 2021 ALA Annual
CORE RPLTS IG (Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services Interest Group) is looking for volunteers to facilitate a small group discussion at ALA’s 2021 Annual Conference. The discussion will take place 2-3pm EST time, June 26.
Theme: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in the Library and Technical Services
Sample questions of interest include, but are not limited to
• Are you aware of the EDI applications in the library community? What are the different spheres of EDI in the library context? How library wide EDI related decisions would affect Technical Services?
• Is there any EDI related initiative or project in Technical Services of your library?
• How do librarians and staff members in Technical Service practice EDI?
• Do you know any resources, toolkits or trainings that address EDI for the library community?
Discussion facilitators are responsible for identifying and developing a topic, creating discussion questions, and facilitating a discussion. Discussion facilitators will also provide a quick report back to the group at large toward the end of the session. If similar proposals are submitted and accepted, facilitators may be asked to co-facilitate.
Those interested in participating as a discussion facilitator should submit a proposal that includes:
• The topic you wish to explore related to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in the Library and Technical Services
• An abstract or a short description that explains the topic
• Three sample discussion questions.
Please submit your proposal by May 18, 2021.
Submit your proposal below:
Proposer's Email address
Proposer's Title and Institution
Three sample discussion questions
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service