seizures and sick neonates disorders
Questions generated from the seizure presentation on 22 October 2019 by S Fox
one best answer
What are the 3 signs of cardiac failure in the neonate?
• a. Gallap rhythm, cardiomegaly and hepatomegaly
• b. Cardiomegaly, pulmonary oedema and grunting
• c. Pulmonary oedema, tachycardia and tachypnoea?
What are the biochemical markers of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)?
- a. Acidosis, hyperkalaemia, hypernatraemia and hypoglycaemia
- b. Acidocis, hyperkalaemia, hyponatraemia, and hypoglycaemia
- c. Acidosis, hypokalaemia, hypernatraemia and hypoglycaemia
In the Flat infant/neonate a Mnemonic for the differential diagnoses is - THE MISFITST Trauma/NAIH Heart DiseaseE EndocrineM Metabolic DisturbancesI Inborn errors of metabolismS SepsisF Formula associatedI IntestinalT ToxinsS Seizures
In what way can you assess if a focal seizure is present in a neonate?
• b. Stimulation of the affected side
• a. Stimulation of the non affected limb
• c. Suppressability
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service