2023 Orton-Gillingham Training Registration
Thank you for your interest in pursuing your Orton-Gillingham training through the Blosser Center! As part of The Blosser Center’s mission, we provide training for individuals interested and dedicated to becoming certified in the Orton-Gillingham tutoring approach. The Blosser Center is certified by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators as a training center, and all courses are taught by an Academy Accredited Training Fellow. We are also accredited by the International Dyslexia Association.
- Classroom Educator Level ($1,200*)
- Associate Level ($2,400*)
- All resources and materials for each trainee are provided electronically
- Includes slides of instruction, handouts, quizzes, lesson plans, activities, worksheets, informal assessments, charts, resources, etc.
- Graduate Credits are available
- Certificate of Completion
- Our Fellow provides personalized support via phone, email or Zoom for all my trainees at no extra charge
- Membership into a private Facebook group with previous trainees
- Upon completion of the coursework, trainees may audit the course again at no extra charge.
- As an Accredited Training Fellow (ATF), our Fellow reviews all practicum applications. Trainees may then apply to the Academy throughout the year with my ATF Recommendation Letter.
The Classroom Educator Practicum requires 5 observed tutoring sessions, and the Associate Practicum requires 10 observed tutoring sessions. Each observation is $240.
The Blosser Center requires all trainees pass a Federal and Oregon State Background Check before working with students in the practicum. The cost of the background check is the responsibility of the trainee.