Apply to become Ambassador
The Digital Poverty Alliance has a vision to end Digital Poverty by 2030. We will do this through building and collaborating a network of engaged partners, both as organisations and through individuals.
Our Founding Ambassador group are a key part of our work and of the way that we engage with world beyond our doors. We also rely on your expert advice and support as and when needed and you are in a position to be able to help.
We recognise the many calls on your time and will do our best to be flexible and provide plenty of notice in cases where your support would be welcomed.
As an Ambassador, you will be part of a UK-based network, playing a key role in raising awareness of the work of the DPA within your networks and the wider public. This is an entirely voluntary role which involves:
- inspiring people to support the work of the DPA
- educating people about what we do
- increasing the reach of the Alliance
- identifying opportunities and partnerships
What we would we like to ask our Ambassadors to do
- Share what digital inclusion practitioners already do and help end digital poverty by helping practitioner partners to #joiningthedots with organisations and people with reach to those most in need
- Liaise with your own personal and professional networks and consider opportunities to talk about our work within your networks
- Attend events, to demonstrate your support and help spread the word
- Speak and blog, where relevant and appropriate about the work of the DPA. The Alliance will happily provide material and support for this
- Use social media to contribute to and build on the online presence of the DPA. To follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn. We will follow back so we can support you too.
- Announce your role – we would suggest something along the lines of “I was recently approached to be an Ambassador for the Digital Poverty Alliance. I was very happy to accept and take on that role as I see the issue of Digital Poverty and Inequality as a major issue for individuals and for the UK as a whole. From my perspective I………… If you feel as I do, then pleased follow the DPA or join by clicking on this link…………………
- Encourage, help identify and link with like-minded organisations and individuals who share our passion for the cause.
- To provide your expertise to the DPA as required and insofar as you are able.
The benefits to you
- A sense of satisfaction and pride in helping make a valuable difference for disadvantaged individuals and families
- Personal development training
- Experience working with a charity
- Meet new people
- Invitation to the annual Ambassador meet up event
- Recognition of your contribution on our website
- Membership in the private Community Hub Room
What we look for in our Ambassadors
- a passion for the cause of digital inequality and poverty
- have existing links and networks which would be helpful in achieving our ambitions
- have good communication and organisational skills
- are confident in making approaches to support our work
How much time commitment is involved?
There is no minimum or maximum that we would expect or ask for but we hope that you might be able to find a minimum of 3 hours per month for a minimum of a one year commitment to the role and, hopefully, longer. We recognise that Ambassadors are volunteers and will have other commitments alongside this role and there will always necessarily be flexibility in this.
How we will support you
We want to make sure that all Ambassadors feel equipped to carry out this role confidently and effectively, and so the DPA team will support you in a number of ways:
- an in-person welcome meeting with the CEO and others when this is possible or online if not.
- an induction pack containing materials and information about the work of the DPA to support your discussions
- regular contact with the senior DPA team to provide updates on the Alliance and its work, and to offer any advice or guidance relating to your role.
- liaison with other Ambassadors working on our behalf and with an annual Ambassador event to share ideas and information.
We will reimburse any agreed out of pocket expenses incurred when carrying out this role in line with the Alliance’s expenses policy.
We would ask all Ambassadors to remember when representing the
Alliance that what you say and do will reflect on the wider DPA and ask that you represent us as skilfully and professionally as possible.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Digital Leaders.