2022 TSID Conference Support Staff Application
The 2022 TSID Conference Committee is currently seeking enthusiastic, hard-working,
flexible and fun volunteers to come on down and help out with our conference, June 23-26, 2022.
Conference Support Staff responsibilities may include, but are not
limited to: assisting the conference committee and the interpreter coordinator,
assisting in workshops, operating the registration/information/silent auction
area, and running errands.
Working on the Support Staff for a large conference is indeed hard work;
however, the experience offers an incredible opportunity. While serving as
Support Staff Team Members, you will have the opportunity to have meaningful interactions with members of the TSID Board of Directors and the TSID Conference Committee, various local chapter officers, and highly skilled interpreters from across the country.
You will also have the opportunity to observe speakers who are making a mark on our profession!
Support Staff Volunteers will receive:
1) waived conference registration at the Combo Ticket level, including:
a) President’s reception, TSID Banquet, Business meeting
b) all workshops/activities
c) any food/beverage breaks provided
2) hotel accommodations, based on double occupancy, for three nights, June 23-25, 2022
3) access to workshops and events when not on duty (if space allows)
Applicants should preferably:
1) be enrolled in an interpreting program in the current academic year OR
2) have graduated from an interpreting program within the last year OR
3) have experience as a Support Staff Team Member (student representative) for a state
regional, or national conference within the last three years.
Applicants with other qualifications will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
We are also seeking members from the Deaf community to join our team as well!
Applicants must also be a member of either RID or TSID and must be available and willing to work the entire conference.