● Platform to voice matters and concerns important to young people
● Participate in decision making processes for the betterment of Pittsburgh Cares and the community.
● Personal and professional development opportunities, including recommendations for higher education and/or employment.
● Opportunities to participate in trainings and workshops provided by Pittsburgh Cares and partner agencies.
● Networking opportunities with other youth leaders, nonprofit professionals, and civic leaders
● Scholarship opportunity for seniors
● Must be a high school student (9th-12th grade) and attend a school within Allegheny County
● Must have a true interest in addressing community needs through volunteering
● Must show evidence of creative ability and thinking outside the box
● Must be able to devote an average of three hours a week to YAC activities and work
● Must be able to attend bi-monthly as well as monthly volunteering projects and activities
● Must be able to complete several individual projects including a service project
Please fill out this application in completion and email email@example.com if you have any questions. Applicants must also a corresponding nomination form, which can be found on the website.