Please join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the Bibles, Badges and Business Network for a panel discussion in support of common-sense immigration reform. This forum will foster a solutions-oriented conversation among leaders of the local business, agriculture, faith and law enforcement communities at this critical moment in the national debate on immigration reform.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Immigrants are nearly twice as likely as U.S.-born to start new businesses according to analysis of entrepreneurial activities between 1996 and 2008.
• Currently, 75 percent of hired agricultural workers in the United States are foreign born.
• The 2009 purchasing power of Illinois’s Latinos totaled $43.6 billion—an increase of 393.4% since 1990.
• Asian buying power totaled $23.8 billion—an increase of 366% since 1990, according to the Selig Center for Economic Growth at the University of Georgia.
Speakers to include:
• Steward Sandstrom, President & CEO, Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
• Douglas L. Whitley, President & CEO, Illinois Chamber of Commerce
• Adam Nielsen, Director, National Legislation & Policy Development, IL Farm Bureau
•Also invited: representatives Faith, Small Business Community, and Law Enforcement