Achievement Award applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be an EOP student, meeting ANY of the criteria below: a. Low income (Pell Grant or Dream Act Scholarship eligible as verified by Financial Aid) b. First generation college student c. Historically underrepresented student
2. Must have demonstrated leadership and service on campus and/or the community-at-large
3. Must have a minimum UCB cumulative grade point average of 3.0
4. Must have Junior* or Senior standing by the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester *Transfer Students Only: Must have completed a semester at UCB by the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester.
5. Must be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (extenuating circumstances will be considered)
Students who meet the above five criteria are encouraged to submit this form online and separately submit (either via email or in person) their resume and letter of recommendation to:
John "Quamé" Patton, Academic Counselor, UC Berkeley Educational Opportunity ProgramMailing Address: 119 Cesar Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA 94720-4210OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Your Letter of recommendation should come from someone familiar with your community service. Students selected for an award will receive between $300 and $1000, based upon available resources. Past award winners are not eligible for consideration. The award ceremony will take place at the EOP Family Dinner on Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 from 6-8pm.
***The deadline to submit your application is Monday, October 9th, 2017***