GENERAL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
• Application deadline is February 1, 2018.
• Those submitting need to be a member of Handbell Musicians of America.
• All applications MUST be completed using this online form. Applications in other formats will not be accepted.
• Each application must include a link to a recently recorded (within the past 12 months) video of the performer.
• A minimum of 80% of the performers included in the audition video must be part of the performing ensemble at the event.
• All video submissions must include a minimum of two selections of contrasting style.
• Include live introduction of each piece on the video as it would be presented in concert.
• Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee in mid February and those selected will be notified by the end of February.
• Questions regarding the process should be directed to Jeremy Springer at email@example.com.
• Those chosen to perform will be paid $100.
• Performers are not required to register for the event just to perform. Registration is required to attend classes, massed ringing sessions, and meals.
• All performers are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
• The event will supply a stage and one microphone on a stand. All other equipment required for the performance is the responsibility of the performer, including handbell/handchime instruments, tables, foam, covers, mallets, and any additional instrumentation required for the repertoire.
• Special requests for assistance in locating equipment for the performance will be considered, but any additional costs incurred for such equipment will be the responsibility of the performer. All such requests must be submitted in writing in the space provided on this application.
• All selections are made based solely on application and audition video submission. No prior knowledge of the group on the part of selection committee members will be considered in the selection process.
• While it is not necessary to provide a professionally produced video, sound and visual quality is important.
• A recording of a recent live performance with an audience is preferred, but not required. Use your discretion to provide a video that presents the performer in the best possible light.
• Watch the amount of compression applied to the video as sound quality is of utmost importance.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This is a multi-page application that will require detailed information about the performance you propose. We recommend you prepare your answers for the following questions in a text document before you begin the application so you can simply copy and paste them into the form. This will help prevent the form from timing-out and your data being lost before you are able to complete the application.
Questions that may require advance preparation:
• Proposed Performance: Provide a description of the type of performance you propose to present at Summit 2018. Include musical style/genre, other instrumentation, etc.
• Performer Biography: Provide a condensed biography of the performer (no more than 200 words).
• Prepare to provide detailed information about your performance set-up, additional instrumentation, extra performers, etc.