Deadline for the 2019 Application: April 5th
2019 Effigy details and requirements:
- All effigy submissions must be through this form.
- The effigy designs must contain some form of bamboo and be no taller than 30 feet high.
- The effigy will be the centerpiece for the main burn on Saturday night, and all effigy construction should be completed by Wednesday evening (or sooner) leading up to the event.
- You’ll need to solicit your own volunteer team to help realize your dream and build the individual structures. Leadership is here to help find volunteers, and previous artists are available for consultation. Structures may be built on-site or prefabricated. Transformus will provide up to 10 directed tickets for your volunteer team. Please note that "directed" is not the same as "free."
- Effigy Team members MUST be off property by noon on Monday after the event. Failure to adhere to these policies will result in ineligibility to apply for future Effigy, Temple, or Art Grants.
- All LNT guidelines must be followed before, during, and after the event. Nothing may be left behind post-event (nails, wood, or metal supports).
- In addition to community members, team leads are allowed to submit designs for consideration. Designs will be selected by the Transformus Leadership Caucus without any conflict of interest.
- Any fundraising events for the effigy construction need to use the disclaimer that each event is not Transformus-sponsored.
- The majority of the grant funding will be sent out pre-event, with the remainder coming post-event. In addition, it is important to note that Transformus will send a 1099 to the grant winner for the 2019 tax cycle if the grant recipient is unable to provide receipts for expenditures. A 1099 will not be required if the grant recipient provides receipts for all expenses.
- Effigy designs, sketches, CAD drawings etc. should be sent in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than March 15th.
We invite you to share your creativity with the Transformus family!