Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form 2019
In an effort to recognize the contributions of Chatham County Schools alumni to their profession, community, and/or outstanding sustained support of Chatham County Schools, we have established the Chatham Distinguished Alumni Program.
Every year, one distinguished alumnus/alumna will be selected from each high school. Each school will have its own selection committee comprised of an administrator, a student, a member of the faculty, and a community representative. The committee will review nominations using a scoring rubric and will ultimately identify an honoree.
Honorees will be recognized during the commencement ceremony for their respective high school alma mater. A photo of the alumnus or alumna will be displayed at the school for the upcoming year. The names of the recognized alumnus/alumna will be engraved on the Distinguished Alumni plaque featured at each high school to immortalize their contribution to their profession, community, and/or outstanding sustained support of Chatham County Schools.
2019 Distinguished Alumni Timeline
The 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award program kicks off December 6, 2018.
Nominations will be accepted through March 15, 2019 at 12:00pm.
Once the nomination window is closed, this form will no longer be available and further submissions will not be accepted. Nominees will be contacted following the end of the nomination period to gather additional information and to confirm their interest in this award.
Finalists will be selected by schools on March 23, 2019.
Finalists will be submitted to the Board of Education during the April 2019 meeting.
Approved Finalists will be contacted following the April 2019 Board of Education meeting to line up the details of their participation in commencement activities as our Distinguished Alumni for 2019.
In order to be eligible to receive the award, nominees must meet the following requirements prior to selection:
* must be a living graduate from the high school at which the alumnus or alumna is nominated
* must have graduated at least 10 years prior to being nominated
* must have attended the school for at least 2 full academic years
* must have made a contribution to the community, or the nominee’s profession, or sustained significant contribution to the school system that is worthy of recognition
* must have been nominated for each year the nominee wishes to be eligible for consideration
* must be willing to undergo a Background Check if selected for this recognition. This will require providing the school with additional information so Chatham County Schools can provide this service during the nomination process prior to selection.
* Chatham County Schools reserves the right to remove a selected Distinguished Alumni should, at any time, their actions no longer proudly contribute to the positive image of the school, or district as determined by the Board of Education.
In order to be eligible for this award, a nomination form must be completed by the deadline set by each high school. The nomination form consists of two parts:
This section will be used to determine whether or not the nominee meets minimum requirements for consideration.
The Nomination Narrative which is the primary document reviewed by the school committee to determine the selection of an alumna or alumnus for the Distinguished Alumni Award. Please ensure that your narrative is as complete as possible and details the contributions that uniquely qualify the person you're nominating for this award.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chatham County Schools.