PTICC Becoming Trauma Aware Training Request Form
Desired Training Request Date
Name of your Organization
Contact Info (email & phone)
Estimated # of Participants
Desired Training Location
Please include any special instructions and parking availability
Equipment Needed for Trainers
Site MUST provide a screen or wall suitable for projection and MUST have internet connection
Module descriptions for BTI 101/102/103 (each training is approx. 90 minutes)
1. Becoming Trauma Informed (Part 1, 101) introduces professionals to the language, values, and skills needed to begin providing trauma informed practice. Topics covered include:
• definitions of trauma, psychological trauma, vicarious trauma and trauma informed care
• the impact of trauma on early childhood development and across the life span
• normal brain development and the impact of trauma on brain development
• signs and symptoms of trauma in children
• techniques for creating safety for children exposed to trauma
• techniques for calming and grounding
2. Becoming Trauma Informed (Part II, 102) builds upon the foundation of information about the impact of trauma on children provided in Part I. Part II moves from theory and science to behavior and practice, offering strategies for child-serving professionals caring for and working with children who have experienced trauma. Part II uses a framework focusing on building social emotional competency, supporting self-management, and building resiliency skills. The curriculum provides multiple opportunities for professionals to learn and practice supportive skills, and to envision caring and compassionate learning environments.
3. Building Staff Resilience (Part III, 103) reinforces the learning of Part I and Part II with a particular focus on staff well-being and resiliency. This workshop recognizes and acknowledges that working with children in the classroom is challenging. Professionals who work with vulnerable and often trauma-impacted children and families must be emotionally available which requires thoughtful attention to caring for ourselves. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
• evaluate their own activities that support personal and professional well-being and make a self-care plan
• identify and practice resilience-building skills
• connect with others and discuss health and wellness
Desired Training Content or Issue
Becoming Trauma Informed 101
Becoming Trauma Informed 102
Becoming Trauma Informed 103
Training Fees for Each Module (with a possible multi module discount)
5-15 persons = $250 plus travel for Trainers 16 – 30 persons = $400 plus travel for Trainers (scholarships available upon request)
Thank you! Please be sure to hit submit. We will contact you as soon as possible with a confirmed training date, trainers and invoice amount.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pottstown School District.