- Are you a young person of color from Brooklyn between the ages of 16 and 24?- Do you have have at least two years of activism or organizing experience?- Can you commit to attending monthly RJA meetings in Brooklyn?- Are you passionate, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to achieving reproductive justice?- Are you interested in creating solutions that address the impact of reproductive oppression on young people of color? - Do you have a strong desire to develop leadership skills and be a part of a new generation of reproductive justice activists?
If your answers are yes, this program is for YOU!
During the course of this ten month program, Activists will have a chance to:
• Learn about the history of reproductive justice (RJ), current local and/or national reproductive justice issues, and current advocacy efforts;
• Connect and build relationships with the larger RJ community;
• Develop your organizing and activism skills;
• Examine historical and contemporary examples of how racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, ageism and stigma keep women, transgender women, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people of color from being able to have access to the power and resources to make fully informed decisions about their health, bodies, families, and communities; and
• Inform and guide Brooklyn Community Foundation on how best to deploy and guide resources for RJ advocacy.
STIPEND! $1,500 for the ten month program (averaging 8-10 hours of participation per month)