If you have questions about this application, please contact
Reproductive Justice Activists 2017-18
Are you passionate about fighting for reproductive rights? We are looking for 10-12 youth leaders interesting in sparking change in their communities!
- Are you a young person of color from Brooklyn between the ages of 16 and 24?
- Do you have have at least two years of activism or organizing experience?
- Can you commit to attending monthly RJA meetings in Brooklyn?
- Are you passionate, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to achieving reproductive justice?
- Are you interested in creating solutions that address the impact of reproductive oppression on young people of color?
- Do you have a strong desire to develop leadership skills and be a part of a new generation of reproductive justice
If your answers are yes, this program is for YOU!
During the course of this ten month program, Activists will have a chance to:
• Learn about the history of reproductive justice (RJ), current local and/or national reproductive justice issues, and current advocacy efforts;
• Connect and build relationships with the larger RJ community;
• Develop your organizing and activism skills;
• Examine historical and contemporary examples of how racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, ageism and stigma keep women, transgender women, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people of color from being able to have access to the power and resources to make fully informed decisions about their health, bodies, families, and communities; and
• Inform and guide Brooklyn Community Foundation on how best to deploy and guide resources for RJ advocacy.
STIPEND! $1,500 for the ten month program (averaging 8-10 hours of participation per month)
• August 9, 2017: Applications for Reproductive Justice Activists open
• September 8, 2017: Deadline for Applications
• September 15, 2017: Reproductive Justice Activists announced
• September 26, 2017: RJA program begins, including introduction and community building activities
• October 18 - November 30, 2017: Four reproductive justice intensive learning sessions with community and national partners.
• December 2017: Synthesize learnings and identify advocacy priorities
• January - June 2018: Monthly meetings
• June 2018: Share priority advocacy recommendations with Brooklyn Community Foundation and organize an action/celebration.
Applications must be submitted by September 8th, 2017.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service