KIPP Columbus Board Meeting Participation
Thank you for your interest in sharing your thoughts and ideas with the KIPP Columbus Board of Directors. Any person or group wishing to place an item on the Board agenda shall register their intent with the Executive Director here no later than one (1) day prior to the meeting and include the name and address of the participant; group affiliation, if and when appropriate; and topic to be addressed. Such requests shall be subject to the approval of the Executive Director and the Board Chair.
The Chair at each Board meeting at which public participation is permitted shall administer the rules of the Board for its conduct. The Chair shall be guided by the following rules:
- Attendees must register their intent to participate in the public portion of the meeting upon their arrival to the meeting.
- Participants must be recognized by the Board Chair before speaking and must first announce the following:
- Group affiliation (KIPP family member, member of the community, etc.)
- Each participant is limited to 5 minutes with the total time for public participation limited to 30 minutes.
- All statements are to be directed to the KIPP Columbus Board Chair (Chief Judge Algenon Marbley), no person may address or ask questions to Board members individually.
- Tape or video recordings are permitted, provided the person operating the recorder has received approval from the Executive Director prior to the Board meeting and agrees to the placement of the equipment and to abide by the following conditions:
- No obstructions are created between the Board and the audience.
- No interviews are conducted in the meeting room while the Board
- The Board Chair may interrupt, warn, or terminate a participant’s statement when it is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant.
- Additionally, participants may be asked to leave the meeting should reasonable decorum not be observed.