Checkr Grace Hopper Celebration Scholarship Contest
This contest closes on Friday, September 20th, 2019 at midnight, PST.
Checkr GHC Scholarship Contest Terms and Conditions
- Over 21 years old
- A U.S. resident
- An upcoming or current professional in software engineering (graduating from a college, university, technical program, or coding bootcamp before the end of 2020).
- Completed Scholarship application form
WHAT THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES
- One (1) General Admission ticket to the Grace Hopper Celebration from Oct 1-4, 2019.
- A round trip ticket from anywhere in the Continental U.S. to Orlando, Florida.
- Hotel lodging for the duration of the convention.
WHAT THE SCHOLARSHIP DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Transportation to/from the airport to the hotel or convention center.
- Additional stipends for meals or travel
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out this form with your information and answer the following question in 600 words or less: "How do you currently or hope to leverage technology to give back to your community?"
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By applying for the Checkr Grace Hopper Scholarship (herein referred to as “the Scholarship”), you agree to these terms:
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. resident and over 21 years old as of September 1, 2019 to be considered for the Scholarship.
- You may only apply once for the Scholarship. Additional submissions will not be considered.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as the Scholarship recipient.
- To be awarded this Scholarship, you must either be a recent graduate (< 1 year) or currently a student at a college, university, or bootcamp focused on computer science, engineering, or another technology-related field. You may be asked to provide proof of this enrollment.
- Any material misrepresentation of the facts in the candidate's application and supporting materials, whether discovered during the verification process or later, will result in withdrawal of the application from consideration. Following notice to the candidate of the discovery of the misrepresentation, and the opportunity for the candidate to explain the circumstances of the erroneous submission, the candidate may be banned from applying for Checkr Scholarships in the future if intentional misrepresentation to gain competitive advantage is proven to be true.
- By applying for the Scholarship, applicant grants Checkr permission to post their name and photograph on Checkr.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the Scholarship. The recipient releases Checkr in perpetuity from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with such use, including, without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of right of publicity, defamation, false light, and any other personal and/or property rights.
- The recipient agrees to attend all Checkr-organized events during the duration of the Grace Hopper Celebration, including but not limited to: mentorship meetings with Checkr engineers, Checkr team meals and social events, and being interviewed for marketing materials.
- The recipient agrees that acceptance of this Scholarship may require the recipient to sign a standard non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Checkr, in the event that attending Checkr team events may include discussions about Checkr-related initiatives.
- The recipient agrees that acceptance of this Scholarship does enter the recipient into any employment agreement with Checkr. The recipient agrees not to post publicly posing as a representative of Checkr.
- In order to ensure a fair and equitable selection process, Checkr may retain the services of a third-party Scholarship administrator to select and notify Scholarship recipients and to verify recipient information. Checkr and/or its designated third-party Scholarship-selection service have sole discretion of selecting Scholarship recipients.
Checkr reserves the right to change the Scholarship programs at any time, including available Scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.
) applies to all Checkr Scholarships.
- The Scholarship winner will be contacted by email within six weeks of the Scholarship application deadlines and may also be contacted by phone.
- If the winner does not reply by the date specified in the email, Checkr reserves the right not to award this Scholarship to the winner, and to award the Scholarship to another applicant or discontinue the Scholarship.
- This Scholarship includes: one (1) General Admission ticket to the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration from Oct 1-4, a round trip ticket from anywhere in the Continental U.S. to Orlando, and hotel lodging for the duration of the convention. This Scholarship does not include transportation to/from the airport to the hotel or convention center, additional stipends for meals or travel, or cash.
- This Scholarship is not transferable or redeemable for monetary value. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Terms are the sole responsibility of the Scholarship recipient.
Contest sponsored by Checkr, Post Montgomery Center, 1 Montgomery St, Suite 2400, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Checkr GHC Scholarship Contest Application
Include your full postal address– house number, street, city, state, and zip code
University, college, technical program, or coding bootcamp
Field of Study
Expected or Completed Graduation Date
Link to Github or Online Portfolio
Essay Question: How do you currently or hope to leverage technology to give back to your community?
Please answer in 600 words or less
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Checkr.
Terms of Service