FEAS &Library Laptop Lending Request Form
The Ryerson University Library collaborates with the Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science for this remote laptop loan program to support the students. This is a service provided to assist students with access to technology for completing courses remotely during COVID-19. Users will need to complete and submit this online request form to access this program. Students who are experiencing hardship as a result of the pandemic will receive priority.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions:
- Laptop may be borrowed by full-time undergraduate students who are registered in FEAS programs and are enrolled for the current term with a valid Ryerson Library card / Ryerson One Card.
- Library users must be in good standing, i.e. no outstanding fees or liabilities over $20.00.
- Priority will be given to students who are experiencing hardship/need during COVID-19.
- Eligible users can borrow the laptop upon vetting and verification. Vetting will be done by each individual program's IT staff at FEAS.
- Loan period of the laptop is the end of the current term. Those users that register for the next term must re-submit the form to request the extension.
- Users should report any malfunction or problems of the laptop immediately upon receipt of the laptop.
- As a borrower, you will be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft of the laptop. Replacement charges and processing fees apply in the event of loss or damage.
- The replacement charge for a laptop is $2,400.
- Users can choose to receive the laptop via contactless pick-up in person which is available from 8 am to 8 pm (Monday to Friday). Once the laptop is ready for pick up, you will be notified by email and asked to select a pick-up date and time. Alternatively, users can request to have the laptop delivered by courier.
- Laptop may be returned by courier to Ryerson Library (at University expense) via Ryerson University at the end of the lending period or, in special circumstances in-person to Ryerson Campus Security Office.
- If the laptop is not returned, grades will be withheld. It will also result in loss of borrowing privileges.
Agreeing to these terms certifies that the undersigned assumes full financial responsibility for this property while signed out in their name. The FEAS and Library are not responsible for any loss or damage to a user's file(s) saved to the laptop or by unexpected reboot, hardware failure, network interruptions or viruses. FEAS and Library staff are not available to provide technical support or troubleshooting for any issues.
By signing below, it means that I have read and understand all the terms and conditions listed in this FEAS & Library Laptop Lending Request Form. In the event of a loss, theft, or damage while signed out under my name, I understand that I am financially responsible for the laptop and charge associated with it. I agree to abide by these procedures and guidelines. I also acknowledge that failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in the loss of my library borrowing privileges.
Confirmation: Please sign and agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
Signed (Please put your full name here - Last name, First name)
I agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
Yes, I agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Ryerson University.