The AZCDC initiative is led by Global Ties Arizona in partnership with local and international like-minded organizations and educational institutions. Global Ties Arizona is a member of the World Affairs Council of America and Global Ties US.
Global Ties Arizona is a small, 501(c)3 organization with limited human and financial resources. As such, skill-based volunteers are a high priority to assist in accomplishing the organization's mission.
Positions Available Include:
1. Volunteer Coordinator: This position is best suited for a highly organized, effective communicator interested in driving our volunteer initiatives forward in the community. The Volunteer Coordinator would work in conjunction with the President/CEO and Program Officer to relay messages, coordinate onboarding efforts, and provide volunteer support.
Estimated commitment is approximately 2-5 hours per month.
2. Membership Assistant: This position is geared toward an individual who is familiar with CRM systems and has a high attention to detail. The Membership Assistant would work in conjunction with the President/CEO for all membership needs. Primary duties include inputting contact information, communicating membership status notices, and more.
3. Events Assistant: This position is best for an individual with a background in event management. Global Ties Arizona is interested in executing a larger number of events, however human and financial resources prevent this reality. Assistance is primarily needed to coordinate the Citizen Diplomat Award Ceremony to recognize outstanding community resources and volunteers. The Events Assistant would work in conjunction with the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
Estimated commitment varies depending on calendar needs. Approximate preparation per event is estimated at 5-15 hours.
4. Bookkeeper: This position is best suited for an individual with a background in accounting and finance and would work in conjunction with the President/CEO.
Estimated monthly commitment is approximately 3-5 hours.
5. Historian: This position is best suited for a creative, organized individual who enjoys learning and preserving the history of Global Ties Arizona. The primary duties of this position include scrapbooking/archiving as well as digitizing whenever possible. These archives serve to memorialize the efforts of the organization over the years and will be highlighted at events and online.