Please review our current COVID guidelines for in-person classes:
COVID guidelines for in-person Asheville Academy of Ballet classes as of 7/19/22
1) For everyone: Face masks are now optional in all classes.
2) No one may enter the building who may have been exposed to COVID-19, or who has a fever, sore throat, cough, loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath.
If you have any of these symptoms, you’ll need a negative COVID test or a note from your doctor that your symptoms are not contagious.
If anyone in your household (with whom you share living/restroom quarters) has symptoms or a positive COVID case, please let us know. We will likely ask you to wait 5 days and show a negative COVID test before returning to your classes.
3) If a dancer is coughing in class, the instructor will ask them to wear a mask, for everyone’s well-being and peace of mind.
**Your entry into the space each day will serve as your agreement that you have asked yourselves health screening questions and that you have no reason to believe that you or anyone with whom you have had close contact might be sick. Thank you for your care for your dance community.**
4) Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer (available in the lobby, by the back door nearest the creek, and by the studio stairs) frequently. We are asking that everyone wash or sanitize their hands as soon as they arrive, and sanitize their hands frequently, especially after touching their masks, shoes, or faces. There will be sanitizer available at the back door; be sure to sanitize when you leave the building.
5) Bring your own water from home. The drinking fountain will not be in use (it has been taped off and the water turned off for everyone’s safety). If you forget your water bottle, there will be some available under the piano (ask your instructor), and there are cups and gallons of water in the lobby. Students will take their water breaks in the studio, rather than gathering in the lobby.
6) Parents, siblings, and friends will enter the studio or the lobby only to use the restrooms. You will drop your children off at the front door at the start of class, and pick them up at the back door (nearest the creek) at the end of class – please be on time when class ends. Please wait in your car during the class; if you must leave the premises, be sure your child and your child’s instructor have your phone number. Office staff may not be on site. If you need to come in to chat with the instructor or with Teresa, kindly consider wearing a mask in the lobby.
7) No food at all is allowed in the building during this time, and the fridge will not be in use. Staff for the usual cleanup is not on site. Please keep food in your car.
8) Please carefully note the order of operations for your time at the studio.
a. Before you arrive, be sure that you have no cold symptoms.
b. Five minutes before your class time, you may walk your child to the front door, or watch until they have gone inside (Creative Ballet and Yoga parents, we understand you may need to walk your children inside).
c. Students will wash (20 seconds) and/or sanitize (30 seconds) their hands immediately upon entering the building, change their shoes, and proceed directly to the studio. You may bag your street shoes and place them by the exit door.
d. Please arrive in your dance clothes and warm-ups. Dressing rooms will not be in use. Bring in minimal belongings and keep everything with you downstairs in the studio so that after class, you only have to put on your warmups, sanitize your hands, and leave via the back door.
e. At the end of class (classes will end 5 minutes before the stated end time), students may use the restroom if needed, wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer (there will be some provided at the back door).
f. Students will replace their shoes at the far side of the studio and exit via the back door (nearest the creek). Please tell your teacher when you are leaving the building, so she can watch you to your car. Or, parents, you may also walk up to the back door to pick up your children. Parents, it is crucial that you be on time to pick up your children. If you have to be late, please text Teresa or your instructor.
g. This one-way traffic flow will be in place for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday classes; we will be trying to avoid any lobby-gathering.)
**Remember, no one (no student, no parent, no sibling) may hang out in the lobby or in the dressing rooms. If you need to make a special arrangement, chat with Teresa. We ask that all dancers and parents be responsible for themselves and follow the rules carefully. Everyone’s health and peace of mind are important to us.**