2022 YBL Alumni Player Liability Form
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any Yawkey Baseball League-related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. Agrees that the participant should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if the participant believes anything is unsafe, he or she should immediately advise his or her coach or supervisor of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledges and fully understands that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions, or negligence but the action, inaction, and negligence of others, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Acknowledges and fully understands that participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist
4. Knowingly and freely assumes all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, illness, permanent disability or death.
5. Willingly agrees to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately
6. Releases, waives and discharges any rights to sue the Yawkey Baseball League, its affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officer and other employees of the organization, other members/participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees,” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury or illness including death and damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.