Anime Destiny 2019 Cosplay Contest Registration
The Anime Destiny Masquerade will take place in the fifth floor Tilden panel room from 3PM-4PM. Pre-Judging will take place from 3-4PM in a TBA location, and is mandatory for anyone hoping to win Craftsmanship or Best in Show prizes.
The contest is limited to the first 20 entries with 5 on standby.
Please be sure to read and understand the rules.
1. You may register on here or at the con. At-con registration is permitted only from 10am - 2pm, so we encourage you to sign up here beforehand. You will have to have all members of groups present at the time you register for the contest. You may not add to your group after you have registered. Everyone in the group must read and sign the rules at the time they register and be present at check in. Participants will receive a number at that time which will determine the order of appearance. The contest itself will take place at 4:00pm. You must be outside the room, ready and in costume for a final check in by 3:45pm.
2. If costumes are “store bought” or made from found items they will only be considered for presentation, not craftsmanship awards. It is expected that some costumes may include minor elements that were purchased. If it looks like regular clothing, it’s not a costume (special exceptions may be allowed by the contest staff but the need must be explained at the time of registration – bring a reference picture if you are unsure).
3. Maximum time allowed on stage is 1 minute for walk-ons and 2 minutes for skits/performances regardless of number of people in your group. Some special permission may be granted for longer time periods but the group in question must directly consult the contest coordinator to get permission.
4. Contestants must agree to allow video recording and photography of their costumes and/or presentation for use by Anime Destiny and other independent press sources. This may include publication on web sites, in newspapers, programs, posters, flyers, etc. Compensation for such use will not be provided.
5. Safety Issues: No messy substances or anything that may pose a danger is allowed on stage. Costumes should be PG rating as this is a family event. Contestants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian present with them and sign a permission form at registration.
7. The Coordinator may reject an entry on the basis of inappropriate or unsafe behavior or content. Please remember no shooting, throwing or hitting anyone or anything with objects or weapons. Also, the cosplay staff does not like surprises. Anything unusual must be fully explained at registration or the entry may be disqualified.
8. No audience participation. Do not invite audience members to join you on stage, or request any action from them, etc. This will result in immediate disqualification. Of course spontaneous audience reaction such as clapping, shouting, etc. is not a problem.
9. If you have music, pre-recorded dialog, or narration for your presentation, it must be provided in this form prior to Anime Destiny. We will not provide music/recorded audio for those who register the day of/on site. Due to tech constraints, we will not be able to accommodate special sound or lighting requests.
10. You will have access to microphones at the time of the contest, but you may not scream into the microphone, tap it, or put it on or near the floor at any time. Keep that in mind when you design your skit because you may have to project your voice.
11. Weapons: If a weapon is part of your costume it must be checked by cosplay staff for safety reasons. No loaded guns or weapons including cap pistols or airsoft guns are allowed. No shooting or throwing weapons are allowed. Brandishing of bladed weapons or swinging chains, etc. on stage is prohibited. Violations will result in your being removed from both the contest and the convention. The safety of everyone is a priority.
12. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded based on three categories: craftsmanship, performance, and best in show. Craftsmanship awards take crafting experience into account and will only be awarded to those who have constructed their own costumes. Performance awards are open to be won by anyone regardless of costume construction. Best in Show combines both craftsmanship and performance.
Please email us at
in regards to any questions you may have.
I have read and agree to follow the above rules and regulations.
MM/DD/YYYY - Cosplayers under 18 must obtain parental consent.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UC Berkeley.