Request edit access
Independent Contractor Agreement StLMSUA
Please read the following statement. "Check" you have read and agree, then type in your name in the space provided. Do not forget to submit.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
THIS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement") is made this ( Date provided by electronic timestamp ) by and between USA Softball, USA Softball of St. Louis, & St. Louis Metro Softball Umpire’s Association (hereinafter known as the Associations), and (You will enter your name later) (hereinafter referred to as the "Independent Contractor").
1. EMPLOYMENT. The Associations hereby engage the Independent Contractor and the Independent Contractor hereby accepts engagement with the Associations upon the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth.
2. TERM. The term of this Agreement shall be for the period of up to one year beginning the date hereof, and ending the last day of December the same year unless terminated earlier by either party by giving ten (10) days written notice.
3. DUTIES. The Independent Contractor is engaged as a softball umpire of the Associations and his/her duties shall be to provide umpiring services for the Associations and such other phases of the Associations’ business as may from time to time be determined by the Associations. The Independent Contractor has the right to decline or accept any offered game.
4. EXTENT OF SERVICE. The Independent Contractor shall devote such time to the performance of his/her duties under this Agreement as is reasonably required and shall utilize his/her best efforts in furtherance of the duties accepted by participating in professional development. The Associations make no representation or promise as to the number of games to be assigned to the Independent Contractor to umpire. For each assignment completed, you will be paid a fee per game, based on your good standing within the associations and the current pay scale found on the StLMSUA Website
5. TAXES AND BENEFITS. Independent Contractor shall be responsible for his/her own taxes and liability insurance. Independent Contractor is not entitled to receive any worker compensation, sick leave, vacation, retirement, health benefits, unemployment insurance, or other benefits from the Associations.
6. INDEMNIFICATION. Independent Contractor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Associations from any and all claims and losses sustained in the performance of the terms of this Agreement by Independent Contractor.
7. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Missouri.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties, and may be amended, waived, changed, modified, extended or rescinded only by a writing signed by the party against whom any such amendment, waiver, change, modification, extension and/or rescission is sought.
9. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR STATUS. Independent Contractor shall provide their own uniform and equipment. The relationship between the Associations and Independent Contractor is not that of employer/employee but that of an independent contractor arrangement. The Independent Contractor agrees to abide by all policies, rules, regulations and decisions of the Directors of the Associations and will promptly pay any fines assessed when due and will always conduct themselves in the Associations’ best interests.
I have read, understand and agree to the above.
Your Last Name
Your First Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service