Don Shula’s Athletic Club
15150 Bull Run Road
Miami Lakes, Florida 33014 (305) 820-8025
Saturday, June 28
8:00 AM Check-in
9:00 AM – 8:00 PM Competition
Sunday, June 29
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Competition
Rules and Regulations
Draws will be posted online at www.flabadminton.org. Posted draws are preliminary and subject to change, unless otherwise stated.
Note: Entries in the Novice divisions are for beginners only. Tournament organizers reserve the right to reassign entrants from the Novice class into the Open categories, in the spirit of fair competition.
1. Entry fee for Adults is $20 for the 1st event and $15 for each additional event. Entry fee for Novice and Juniors is $15 for the 1st event and $10 for each additional event. All entry fees include an official Sunshine State Games T-shirt. NO refunds.
2. USA Badminton membership is not required.
3. Each applicant must complete a Sunshine State Games Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online at www.flabadminton.org or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered to Dave Zarco or Dudley Chen.
4. Doubles and Mixed Doubles applicants must note partner’s name on Individual Entry Form, or “REQUEST”
5. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM, June 23, 2014. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after June 16, 2013 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
6. On-site registration may be taken at the discretion of the Event Director with an additional $10 on-site late fee for the first event and an additional $5 for each additional event.
7. Adult age divisions will be determined by age on December 31, 2014. (Example: you may play in the 40+ division if you are 39 on December 30, but turn 40 on December 31, 2014.) Eligibility for Adult doubles events is determined by age of the youngest partner, when applicable.
8. Junior age division will be determined by age on June 28, 2014 (the first day of the tournament). Eligibility for Junior doubles is determined by age of the oldest partner, when applicable.
1. Format will be determined at the discretion of the Tournament Director and will be determined by the number of entries in the event. Age groups may be combined or played in a round-robin format.
2. All competitors will play at least 2 matches per event, dependant on number of entries.
3. Men are limited to a maximum of 4 events, women are limited to a maximum of 5 events. PLEASE NOTE: If you are also competing in the State Senior Games and have signed up to play in all three events in Seniors, you may sign up to compete in only one event in the Sunshine State Games.
4. All age divisions will play with feather shuttles. Aeroplane tournament grade (SG1130) shuttles (or their equivalent) will be used (www.shuttles.com).
5. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division.
This tournament will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules for competition and may be modified by the Tournament Director. Rally scoring will be used.
Dave Zarco (305) 798-2816 or email@example.com
Dudley Chen (305) 903-2407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shula’s Hotel & Golf Club
Special Rate of $99.00 with breakfast for 2
Individual reservations can be made by:
Calling: 305-820-8100 or toll free 800-24 SHULA
E-mail: email@example.com. Reference group code (SUNGM)