Amateur Backyard BBQ Cook-off
Sponsored by DeckCreator
Saturday, March 26
1. All teams must submit an entry form and pay the $10 entry fee to compete.
2. Complete and submit the entry form below.
3. Entry forms must be received by March 20, 2022
4. Each team will provide their own equipment and supplies including a grill/cooker and cooking equipment.
5. Each team will bring their own products, including raw, unseasoned meat and seasonings.
6. Each team will receive a designated space to cook.
7. All marinating, seasoning, and cooking of the product shall be done within the confines of the team's assigned cooking space. No seasoning, marinating or cooking of any kind may begin before 8 am
8. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, health and other codes.
9. All contestants are expected to respect the rights of other teams. Profane language or infringement on another team's area will not be permitted.
10. Prizes will be awarded in the categories of chicken (entrant chooses which chicken parts to enter) and pork ribs.
11. All cook off areas must be cleaned and vacated by 7 pm on Saturday.
1. Each team will be assigned a space as they arrive (or just find your own space) on the north side of the Community Center – go through the gate on the east side of the building.
2. Teams must provide their own tent if needed.
3. No vehicles are allowed in the cooking area except to unload.
4. Electricity will be provided.
Time Line – Saturday, March 26, 2022
7:00 am – set up begins. You may drive up close to the cooking area, unload then remove your vehicle. Arrive anytime after 7 am.
9:00 am – team check in begins – all meat must be raw and uncooked at check-in and presented for inspection in original packing from the store.
9:00 am – cooking can begin
4:30 – 4:40 pm – judging turn in time
5:30 pm – Winners announced
1.Blind judging containers will be handed out at check-in. Nothing but the meat can be in the container when it is presented for judging.
2. Each team must prepare five (5) individual pieces of meat or servings in each category for the judges.
3. A representative will pick up all entries between 4:30 and 4:40 pm.
4. Entries will be judged by a team of three (3) judges.
5. Entries will be scored in the areas of Appearance, Tenderness and Taste on a 10 point scale, 10 being the best. Taste will make up 50% of the final score and Appearance and Tenderness will each make up 25% of the score.
6. Sauce is optional but if it is included it must be on the meat, not puddled in the container.
7. The decision of the judges is final.
8. You are welcome to hand out samples; however you are not allowed to accept any kind of payment for them.
In each of 2 categories: chicken and pork ribs
1st Prize - $100, a trophy, and bragging rights to the Best Backyard BBQ in Medina County
2nd Prize - $50 and a trophy
3rd Prize - $25 and a trophy