In 2017, we are joining forces in an effort to hold the largest Public Lands Day event across Appalachian Ohio. Thank you for your interest in becoming a host site for the Appalachian Ohio National Public Lands Day event.
Sites in Appalachian Ohio may register through June 30th. All public lands are eligible to participate in National Public Lands Day. With permission, "Friends of" groups may also register an event on behalf of an entity who manages public land. Although NPLD is on September 30th, we are making Friday September 29th, and Sunday, October 1st available to celebrate public lands over NPLD weekend. Some groups may also choose to have multiple events scheduled to accomplish their goals.
If you have questions about registering your site, please contact Shannon Stewart at 740-767-4938 or email@example.com.
2. If you are planning to host more than one site, each participating site requires a new form.
3. Registered sites will be updated on a continual basis. Please check to make sure that another organization or group has not already selected the same site that you are registering. If your site has already been selected, we will provide contact information to put you in touch with the other group. Check here: ruralaction.org/AOPLD
4. You must have permission of the managing organization or agency to hold an event. For example, events held in a State Park must have permission from the park Manager and a Special Use Permit must be completed and approved.
5. Appalachian Ohio National Public Lands Day is part of National Public Lands Day. The information you provide to us will be used on the National Public Lands Day website, https://www.neefusa.org/public-lands-day for marketing purposes.
6. If you can no longer participate please contact Shannon at 740-767-4938 or firstname.lastname@example.org