Dear 8th Grade Band Families,
All 8th grade band students at Osborne Middle School and Jones Middle School are invited to the Pride of Mill Creek Marching Band 8th Grade Night on Friday, September 24th, 5:30pm-10:00pm! Students will attend the MCHS home football game against Grayson High School and experience what it’s like to be part of the award-winning Pride of Mill Creek Marching Band! All 8th grade students will receive the following for FREE: admission to the football game as a member of the band, a Mill Creek Bands t-shirt, and a pizza dinner provided by the MC Band Boosters. Every student will be assigned a high school “buddy” to guide them through the experience. Their buddy will answer all questions about band, Mill Creek, and high school in general.
We invite all parents to attend an informational meeting at 6:15pm in the MCHS Theater. Our pre-game concert at the picnic tables will follow at 6:45pm. We also encourage all parents to attend the football game to watch their students perform with the marching band. Tickets for spectators are available through the Go Fan app (pre-sale or day-of). Please note: MCHS Stadium has a clear bag policy.
- Masks - students will wear masks while inside of any GCPS facility. Masks are not required while outside, but students are welcome to wear their mask if they choose
- Chaperones will be present to sanitarily assist with water refills
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available
What to Bring/Wear:
- Your instrument (percussionists should bring a pair of drum sticks)
- Your music (passed out by middle school band director during class, we will have extra copies available)
- Large water bottle
- Mill Creek Bands t-shirt (students will receive this upon arrival), dark athletic shorts, and athletic shoes
- OMS Students will walk up as a group after school with Mr. Green
- JMS Students will ride a bus to MCHS with Ms. Brown
Pickup (see map below)
- To keep students safe and alleviate traffic, please do NOT come down the bus lane or Pride of Mill Creek Way
- Please pickup students from the parking lot (faculty lot at the front of the school or stadium lot)
We hope that your student is excited to be a “high schooler” for the evening! Please fill out the sign-up form no later than Friday, September 17th, so that we have the correct shirt size for each student. A detailed schedule can be found on the next page, as well as a helpful map to locate the MCHS band room. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us. We look forward to meeting you all soon!
Director of Bands
Mill Creek High Schooldean.email@example.com
Associate Director of Bands
Mill Creek High Schoolhannah.firstname.lastname@example.org