Sign up for a 3-hour shift at a survey station along the KRT between April 15, 2018 and September 30, 2018 or take multiple shifts throughout the study to help trail users complete a short survey about their visit to the Kickapoo Rail Trail.
The sign up process:
1. Submit the form below to get started
2. You'll receive instructions to complete the University of Illinois' on-line ethics training. (The training takes up to 2 hours and will seem - we promise - like overkill, but you have to do it; the requirements for training were put in place in the '60s and '70s after decades of abuses by American researchers and institutions. So go ahead and curse those guys (jerks!), but power through the training: you only have to do it once, and when you actually get trailside and start meeting awesome trail users, you'll feel that it was worth doing.)
3. When you complete the training, the UofI requests approval for your participation from its review board
4. You'll receive your approval notice in a couple of days (Yay!), plus a link to start signing up for volunteer shifts.
5. Choose your shifts. Volunteer shifts are 3 hours long, served alongside the trail on multiple days at one of three locations - Urbana, Mayview or St. Joseph; you may volunteer for consecutive shifts.
Sign up, and help show how the Kickapoo Rail Trail counts in Champaign County!