A panel of FSU faculty members from diverse disciplines and with a variety of digital publishing experience will drive discussion, engaging with audience members to situate what researchers across campus have experienced as challenges in this developing field, as well as what they see as avenues for future growth.
The FSU Libraries are excited to welcome Dr. Cheryl E. Ball as invited special guest panelist at this event.
Dr. Ball is Associate Professor of Digital Publishing Studies, Director of the Digital Publishing Institute at West Virginia University, and editor of Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy. She is co-PI on Vega, an open-access multimedia academic publishing platform. Her research is available online at http://ceball.com
Dirac Library Conference Room (216)
Schedule: 12pm – 1pm: Lunch1pm – 2:45pm: Panelist introductory presentations2:45pm – 3pm: Coffee break3pm – 4:30pm: Panel discussion4:30pm: Closing remarks
Panelists: - Cheryl Ball, Director, Digital Publishing Collaborative — Wayne State University; Editor, Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy; Executive Director, Council of Editors of Learned Journals
- Renaine Julian, Associate Director of STEM Libraries, Florida State University
- Ann Rowson Love, Assistant Professor of Arts Administration, Museum Education & Exhibitions, Department of Art Education, Florida State University
- Sarah Eyerly, Assistant Professor of Musicology and Director of the Early Music Program, College of Music, Florida State University
- Devin Soper, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Office of Digital Research and Scholarship, Florida State University Libraries
- Roxann Mouratidis, Managing Editor of The PLAID Journal and Scholarly Communications Librarian, College of Medicine, Florida State University