FYE Peer Mentor & Orientation- Team Member Application
First-Year Experience Peer Mentors and Orientation-Team Members (O-Team) are undergraduate students who are trained to guide students through their transition from high school into college, create connections inside and outside of the classroom, and provide foundations that will help our first-year students persist.
Peer Mentors are responsible for helping to make their students’ first year meaningful, fun, and informative by facilitating intentional conversations and positive social interactions inside and outside of the classroom. Peer Mentors are paired with O-Team members to guide their group through Welcome Week and continue to serve as role models, as they team up with FYE Instructors, to lead students through the first ten weeks of school in a LAS100: First-Year Seminar section.
All students interested in becoming a Peer Mentor are required to take LAS 260: Leadership and Mentoring during the winter semester to learn more about developing leadership skills and how they can best support first-year students.
• Necessary personal characteristics for this position include knowledge of campus resources, connection to and involvement with a campus, appreciation of diversity, maturity, dependability, flexibility, good communication skills, willingness and ability to model appropriate behavior, maintain confidentiality, and mentor first-year students.
• Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (Peer Mentor) or 2.0 (O-Team).
• Adherence to the Saints Guide and Student Code of Conduct.
• Interest in working as a co-facilitator with a First-Year Experience Instructor (Peer Mentor candidates only)
• Must attend the interview process on Saturday, November 9th, 2019 from 9 am – 1 pm in Dominican Hall.
• Completion of LAS260: Leadership and Mentoring class (Peer Mentor candidates only), offered WI 2019 on TR 11 am - 12:15 pm
• Must be available for all of Peer Mentor/ O-Team training during the Winter semester and summer before the fall semester and Freshmen Welcome Week (Tentatively Saturday, August 16 - Sunday, August 29).
All fields must be completed. Failure to answer all sections will result in application denial.
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service