SRILA PRABHUPADA ASHRAYA: Points to note
In addition to fulfilling the above mentioned commitments of Krishna Upasakaa, I will fulfill the following additional standards of devotional service and I shall receive the blessings of Sri Sri Radha Govinda to practice Krishna Consciousness as a Srila Prabhupada Ashraya:
1. I will chant atleast sixteen rounds of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra everyday.
2. I will strictly avoid intoxication including coffee and tea, meat-eating, gambling, cinema, sports and illicit sex. I will also abstain from taking onion and garlic.
3. I will be well versed in the basics of Krishna Conscious philosophy by reading the books of Srila Prabhupada systematically and actively engaging in preaching (according to my capacity) to others about Krishna Consciousness.
4. I will follow a strict sadhana programme at home by rising early in the morning and following a program similar to the
temple as far as possible. I will also attend at least one Bhagavatam class at the temple every week.
Books to Read
Books to be read:
1. Science of Self realization chapter 6 - 8
2. Srila Prabhupada book (Your ever well wisher)
3. Bhagavad Gita As It Is chapter 13 – 18
4. Recommended – Krishna book