Tier 2 Help Desk Technician
At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field (or adequate work experience)
- Received assigned tickets from our dispatcher and manage them cradle-to-grave
- Participate in daily round table discussions
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- Update and provide feedback on client documentation and SOPs
- Identify and recommend process improvement
- 4+ years of help desk experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field (or adequate work experience)
- Experience with Office 365 management, and product lines
- Experience with Hyper-V or VMware virtualization
- Intermediate knowledge of server operating systems and services, AD, Group Policy, DHCP, and DNS
- Intermediate knowledge of VLANS, IP Addresses, and wireless
- Superior communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to project a helpful and positive customer service attitude
- Excellent time accounting and schedule management
- Positive, easy-going attitude
- Natural aptitude for technology
- Detail-oriented and is comfortable in a process-driven work environment
- Demonstrates organizational skills such as the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow up in a timely manner
- Has experience with using a PSA, RMM, and Documentation tool such as Connectwise and ITGlue
Upper left corner of the form
Please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume / Job Title
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume / Tier 2 Help Desk Technician
Please answer the following questions
In one or two sentences please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was interesting project, preferably outside of work or school that you created?
Submit links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.