NEQTPOCC's mission is to foster an environment of unity, empowerment, visibility, and validation for Queer and Trans People of Color in the Northeast region of the United States. Our goal is to provide multiple spaces and means to have conversations that are complicated, nuanced, contradictory, and messy in the most intentional, authentic ways possible through centering the voices and knowledge of those most marginalized in our communities.
This form is a call for those who would like to create and facilitate a workshop or presentation. NEQTPOCC invites interested students, faculty, staff, and community leaders and activists to submit an idea for a workshop or presentation.
We especially welcome workshops that center Blackness, Indigeneity, disability, and transness/gender nonconformity. We are also interested in workshops that allow participants to learn and/or practice concrete skills, such as dancing/movement, self and community care, writing, applying makeup, peer/community counseling, herbal medicine/emergency first aid, and self-defense.
Below are guiding questions to help conference organizers, figure out what workshops will best complement our mission as stated above. Details and Expectations:
• Workshop sessions are 75-minutes time blocks.
• Proposals are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, February 4th, 2018.
• Notifications of accepted workshops will be announced by the end of the day on Friday, February 9th, 2018.
• Presenters and facilitators are expected to provide their own transportation and hotel accommodation, if needed. Please visit http://www.hotelumass.com to book a hotel room at Hotel UMass in the Campus Center (the site of the conference). Please tell them you are booking under room block NQT18C. (Some community housing may be available, if there are extenuating circumstances or need. Please contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org)
• If selected to participate in this conference, presenters and facilitators must notify conference organizers as soon as possible if they need to cancel.
For more information about the conference, please visit: https://neqtpoc.com