UGC-NET/SET-PAPER-I(2016-JULY) - MODEL PAPER-5
ONLINE TEST NET/SET PAPER-1
41. In the seriesAB, EDC, FGHI, ......?......, OPQRST, the missing term is
42. Among the following propositions two are related in such a way that one is the denial of the other. Which are those propositions? Select the correct code:
(a) All women are equal to men
(b) Some women are equal to men
(c) Some women are not equal to men
(d) No women are equal to men
(A) (a) and (b)
(B) (a) and (d)
(C) (c) and (d)
(D) (a) and (c)
43. In certain code, SELECTION is coded as QCJCARGML. The code of AMERICANS will be
44. In the series3, 11, 23, 39, 59, ..........The next term will be
45. Two railway tickets from city A and B and three tickets from city A to C cost Rs.177. Three tickets from city A to B and two tickets from city A to C city Rs.173. The fare for city B from city A will be Rs.
46. Select the code, which is not correct in the context of deductive argument with two premises:
An argument with two false premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
An argument with two true premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a false conclusion may be valid.
An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a true conclusion may be valid.
47. Given below two premise and four conclusions are drawn from them (taking singly or together). Select the code that states the conclusions validly drawn.
Premises: (i) All religious persons are emotional.
(ii) Ram is a religious person.
Conclusions: (a) Ram is emotional.
(b) All emotional persons are religious.
(c) Ram is not a non-religious person.
(d) Some religious persons are not emotional.
(a), (b), (c) and (d)
(a) and (c) only
(b) and (c) only
48. If the proposition ‘All thieves are poor’ is false, which of the following propositions can be claimed certainly to be true?Propositions:
Some thieves are poor.
Some thieves are not poor.
No thief is poor.
No poor person is a thief.
49. Consider the following statement and select the correct code stating the nature of the argument involved in it:To suppose that the earth is the only populated world in the infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet only one grain will grow.
50. Select the code, which is not correct about Venn diagram:
It can provide the direct method of testing the validity.
It can be either valid or invalid.
It can provide clear method of notation.
Venn diagram represents propositions as well as classes.
Send me a copy of my responses.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service