Beginning piano lessons is always exciting and I am so happy to be working with you! Please review the terms and policies of Roger Coss Music and sign below. Let me know if you have any questions.
LESSON LOCATION & FORMAT
Lessons take place either:
1. In-Person at my home studio in Modesto, CA.
2. Online using Zoom (see
for more information)
3. In-person lessons are potentially available for an additional rate. Please contact me if you are interested and we can discuss options.
I offer one free trial lesson (online or in-person) that lasts between 15-30 minutes. No make-up lesson will be offered if the student cannot attend once it is scheduled.
This lesson is a chance to meet the student, hear their musical goals, and give an idea of what our lessons will look like.
TUITION & FINANCIAL POLICY
Current monthly tuition rates are as follows:
• $100 (30 minute lessons) - MOST POPULAR
• $150 (45 minute lessons)
• $200 (1 hour lessons or 2 students)
• $280 (3 students)
• $350 (4 students)
It's important to understand that tuition is charged as a FLAT MONTHLY RATE. You can think of this as a subscription or membership fee (e.g. Spotify, Netflix, Gym membership, etc.). This means that regardless of the number of lessons actually attended during a given month, the tuition rate will remain fixed.
Rates for lessons at a student's house/location are available on a case-by-case basis. Please email me (
) for availability and rates.
Students typically receive 4 lessons per month for 30 minutes each lesson. Lesson length can vary based on the student's age, goals, and playing experience (see cost breakdown above).
If there is a 5th week of lessons in a month, it is included with the monthly tuition at no extra charge.
Payment is due at the first lesson of the month. If payment is not received, then lessons may be discontinued. Payments can be made with cash, check, or Venmo.
Hiring a private music teacher means committing to a weekly day/time for lessons.
My policy is to schedule lessons at the beginning of the month (typically a week prior). We will discuss lesson days, times, and length. If during this scheduling week a student know they cannot make a lesson day/time, we will either provide a make-up day or add the instructional minutes to another lesson.
After confirmation, students are committed to those scheduled days/times.
Considerable time is spent scheduling and planning for lessons each week, therefore, students are expected to attend all lessons.
If a student cannot make a lesson, they are expected to notify me via text, email, or in-person at least 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE. Medical emergencies, including COVID-19, are an exception and will be handled on a case-by-case basis at my (Roger Coss) discretion. If such notice is not given, you will forfeit the cost of the lesson with no make-up lesson given.
If a student does not attend a lesson, shows up late, or has to leave early, they will forfeit the lesson or remaining instructional minutes.
If I (Roger Coss) cannot make our scheduled lesson, I will share out multiple days/times for a make-up lesson to choose from or offer additional minutes during other lesson days.
REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN FOR CANCELLED LESSONS
If adequate time (48 hours) is given, make-up lessons are sometimes available and are completely determined at my (Roger Coss) discretion.
Lessons can either be re-scheduled to another day/time OR we add those instructional minutes to another lesson that month.
If a student cannot attend a second lesson that month (even with 48 hours notice), they will not be given a make-up lesson.
EXPECTATIONS OF STUDENTS AND PARENTS
• Students are to be fully prepared for each lesson. This means they are to arrive to our weekly lesson having practiced their assigned material.
• Parents are to help students establish a consistent practice time. Frequency and duration of practice depends on student age and level. The important part is to keep it CONSISTENT (choose a schedule that the student can keep). I recommend 15 minutes a day for 3-5 days a week.
• Parents are expected to purchase any necessary books or materials needed for lessons.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE TEACHER (ROGER COSS)
• I will do my part to help students learn according to their unique goals and needs.
• I will arrive to our lessons on time (in-person or online) and be focused throughout the lesson.
• I will keep a log of assigned materials and provide students a practice schedule (digitally or printed). This log will have their weekly assignments and any other resources needed for them to be successful.
• I will provide tutorial videos and/or recordings of parts of our lessons (as needed) to help students review what we covered during the lesson.
By signing below, you agree to the terms outlined above. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
Parent Name (First & Last)
Parent Phone Number
Student(s) Name (First & Last)
Is there anything else I need to know to better support you or your child's learning?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service