CIP School Improvement Team-SIT
Captain Isaac Paine School values and welcome parents, families and community members. We welcome you to join school staff to work on improving student achievement as well as increase parent participation by becoming involved in the School Improvement Team.
Question: What is SIT?
Answer: SIT stands for School Improvement Team. School Improvement Teams are required by RI law to develop school improvement plans to focus the school on student performance and a process of continuous school improvement that involves and informs all members of the school community in this work.
These plans set goals and allow team members to collaborate on ways to achieve the goals and needs of the school. The team is made of the principal, representatives of the assistant principals, instructional personnel, instructional support personnel, and teacher assistants assigned to the school building, and parents of children enrolled in the school. The representatives are elected by their respective groups (such as the PTO).
- Organize and manage a school-wide self-study process to identify important issues
- Create action plans to organize the improvement process
- Lead school-wide implementation of action plans
- Regularly collect academic and data information, and reflect on student progress
- Monitor and adjust action plans to better address student needs
- Evaluate and review the effectiveness of the action plans
- Report information to parents and central office
- Begin self-study process again
Who is on the SIT?
School Improvement Teams should include:
- The Principal
- Union Delegate
And a representative number of:
- Teacher Leaders
- Support Staff
- Business and/or Community Representatives
“Each school improvement team shall assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan and each school improvement team shall provide such assistance as the principal may request in preparing the annual budget and plan as required by law.” - The Rhode Island School Improvement Act of 2000.
Are you interested in joining our SIT?
Name ( First and Last )
Student(s) at CIP
Why do you want to join CIP's SIT?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Captain Isaac Paine Elementary School.